Saturday, February 13, 2010

Birthdays are stressful

I put pressure on myself to have a perfect day on February 13th. But the reality of 1, 5 and 7 am wake-up calls by two little sweeties, plus a full morning of a whiny and cranky three-year-old, and a teething 5 month-old made me wonder, is this what my special day is supposed to be about?

I had two wonderful friends offer to baby-sit and had plans to go out with My Hero, but after looking around at the state of hysteria in my household, I had to cancel. I hung up the phone and tended to my poor baby who was dealing with his first tooth and realized: I'm needed.

We didn't do anything terribly special or different today but every time I looked at my beautiful husband and kids I couldn't think of anything else I wanted in the world.

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

I didn't know you and I had the same birthday! Happy birthday! I am glad that even though you didn't get to do anything special you had a good day. Just remember that even though you are needed it is important to every once in a while do something special for you too or even just go to the grocery store by yourself;) I know I am a better mom if I have time to myself every once in a while. You are amazing!

Happy Home said...

Your birthday is also the day I got engaged (in 2003)! I didn't realize that until later last night.

Don't forget to use your "I'm losing it" coupon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.